Thursday, May 10, 2007

In your Dreams




Dialogue

evin: I woke up the other day having had a very vivid dream of a person I had met the night before at a party, but I had just met the first time.

Marni: Really?

Kevin: It was a little bit creepy.

Marni: Why was it creepy?

Kevin: Well, just because I didn’t know that person and I feel like it’s sort of an intimate space…

Marni: Yeah!

Kevin: ...because it was a dream and it was very vivid because it was the kind of thing that I had just before I woke up, so it was very clear throughout the day and it made me a little uncomfortable.

Marni: I have recurring dreams actually about an ex-boyfriend...

Kevin: Oh…

Marni: ...and we’re still together and in my dream I’m wondering, “Why are we still together? I don’t want to be with this person.” But constantly I’m going back to that previous relationship.

Kevin: Like how often? In terms of like, once a month?

Marni: I would say probably once a month.

Kevin: Interesting.

Marni: Yeah. And I, you know, I’m wondering if I…You think about your subconscious and all that but, I don’t know, it just keeps coming up and I wish it would stop.

Kevin: Well, I can understand. So is that dream the same, or it’s just he’s in a dream again and again?

Marni: Variation on a same theme of being with this person and not wanting to be and trying to get away from him and yeah…

Kevin: A little bit scary…

Marni: But do you find that we talk about our dreams a lot?

Kevin: All the time.

Marni: Oh, it’s great.

Kevin: Even with people we don’t really know well.




No comments: